In just a few short weeks our young members will participate in a unique retreat experience. The youth group will fast from food for 30 hours, while spending their time together experiencing hunger and learning about poverty and homelessness in Orange County. A hybrid of retreat and service project, there are ways you can help with this spiritually enriching event.
First – Join the students for three special events at the Church.
1. Friday, March 22, 6:30 pm – Stations of the Cross
The students will be praying through the ancient “Stations of the Cross” as the they begin their time at the church. We would love to have you join us as we reflect on the sufferings of Christ.
2. Saturday, March 23, 6:30 pm – Holy Communion
The group will conclude their 30 Hour Fast with Communion. We’d love to welcome you as we feast at the Lord’s Table.
3. “Break-Fast” Dinner will be held immediately following Communion. A shared meal with shared stories from the 30 hours. If you’d like to join us, please make sure you sign-up so that we have enough food for everyone.
Second – We’re looking for people who are willing to help in a more personal way:
1. Prayer Partners: We’re looking for people to team up with each of the students fasting. The Prayer Partner commits to praying for the student during the 30 hours. The Fast is challenging and the help of a Prayer Partner is very valuable.
2. Juice Break Sponsors: Commit to providing 1 of the 5 juice breaks for the students. We’re looking for hearty, 100% juice-based options.
3. “Break-Fast” Meal Planners and Preparers: Do you have a gift for making a great soup or a rice-based dish? The students will be hungry, and probably would prefer pizza, but pizza isn’t suggested after fasting.
4. Altar Guild Assistance: Holy Communion clean up on Saturday, March 23, 8:00 pm (ish).
Contact Lisa Marion for more information: lisa@